Saturday, January 7, 2012

Post 1: God in Home Schooling

Does God have anything to do with home schooling?
For me it absolutely does!
I have had the desire to home school since before I knew if we would even have children.
Side note:
You see, we were married 8 years before we had Bellie. We never prevented it, we just left it in God's hands.
(Hence having only one child, God has not chosen to bless us with more children, yet at least.)
My best home school friend, my sister in WA (mother of 5), has teased that I'll probably be about 45 and will discover I'm pregnant while Bellie's in College. That is a funny picture!
So back to God in Homeschooling (HS)...
When it got closer to that time, I began to panic about my lack of ability to HS Bellie.
But I had such a strong calling to do this, as if there were no other choice.
I prayed to God about all my fears and inadequacies.
He flooded me with such a confidence in His ability to guide and teach me how to teach her that I have never looked back.
Not that I don't have fears that creep up, I do.
But I don't let them stay. God has made it clear, this is His desire for our family.

Also, my eyes have been opened to our calling as her parents to disciple her, to teach her and guide her.
To us, they're all one in the same.
Math and Bible verses: they have everything to do with each other.
Wasn't it God who created math in the first place?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. Kora, you make me cry with your openess and humor! (Or I could just be hormonal?) Probably both! lol! Love the layout. I hope you enjoy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this! But oddly it makes me miss you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete