Sunday, January 29, 2012



Faithfulness in the Mundane ( Inspired by Oswald Chambers):
One of my favorite preachers of the past is Oswald Chambers.
A constant theme in his sermons is the idea of thriving in the mundane.
What’s revealed in my character when I’m left alone with my mundane duties?
Do I meet my duties with dread and a lack of motivation or with joy?
When I think about my usual response to the mundane I’m deeply convicted. But I’m thankful for the reminder when I read Chamber’s devotions, to approach the mundane with joy.
I want more than anything to be faithful in these simple tasks.
I’ve been asking the Lord, “How is joy and faithfulness in the mundane accomplished?”
In answer to my question, God has been reminding me lately about the simple, obedient act of being thankful to Him; thankfulness with my words and my thoughts.
I’ve been thanking God for hot water, for family, for time on this Earth to know Him more. I’ve been trying to deliberately notice His blessings, whether wonderful or difficult, in my life and be thankful for them.
It’s amazing what a flood gate of joy this has unleashed!
Essentially, thankfulness focuses us on Jesus and His face and leads us to joy!
When we speak words of thanksgiving, the words penetrate our minds.
It's simply wonderful to see what joy the Lord can give us through this obedience!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! Simple but convicting... thank you for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete